; KCC Employmentcheck | Overseas Criminal Record Checks for Sponsored Work

Overseas Criminal Record Checks for Sponsored Workers

Tuesday 11th April 2017

From 6th April 2017, all Tier 2 (General) visa applicants who want to work in specified health, education or social care sectors must provide a criminal record certificate.

This is required from any country (except the UK) where the applicant has lived for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total) in the last 10 years, while aged 18 or over. This will also apply to any adult partners, whether they apply with the applicant or make a separate application to join them if they are already in the UK. This will not apply if the applicant is making an application to extend their stay in the UK.

If applicants do not provide certificate(s) or a satisfactory explanation as to why these cannot be obtained, the visa application will be refused.

For more information regarding changes to immigration rules please read the written ministerial statement and statement of changes to the Immigration rules (HC1078).

We would advise that you inform any prospective employees of this new requirement as early as possible in advance of applying for a visa so that they have sufficient time to acquire the relevant documentation. For information on how to obtain an overseas criminal record check please click here

« Back to news listing

Ask us a question...

(e.g. Joe Bloggs)
(e.g. Employmentcheck)
(e.g. hello@joeBloggs.com)
(e.g. 07987654321)

(How can we help you?)