Who are we?
Employmentcheck is an online system for Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Disclosure Scotland disclosures, provided by Cantium Solutions, a company wholly owned by Kent County Council. Employmentcheck collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom).
For the purposes of the services provided by Cantium Solutions to the client organisation:
- We are responsible as ‘controller’ of your personal information where you are the person named as the client organisation contact with whom we liaise in relation to our contract with our client.
About the information we collect and hold
The table set out below summarises the information we collect and hold for this service, how and why we do so, how we use it and with whom it may be shared.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
Information we collect
Client organisation information including names and contact details including employer address, phone number and email address of relevant employees
How we collect the information
From the client organisation
Why we collect the information
Legitimate interest: to enable us to deliver an efficient and effective service to you
How we use and share the information
To provide secure administrative access to the system and relevant information for the Client organisation’s employees as required
For customer account management including billing, handling queries and provision of management information as required
* We will comply with the additional conditions set out in the Data Protection Act which relate to criminal convictions and other special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information).Further details on how we handle sensitive personal information (and information relating to criminal convictions and offences) are set out in our Data Protection Policy and Policy statement on the secure storage, handling, use, retention and disposal of disclosure information.
As there is a statutory and contractual basis for collecting your personal data if you do not provide the following we may be unable toenter into a contract with your organisation.
- Personal Data: contact name and telephone number (client contact)
How long your personal data will be kept
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary in providing a service to the Client after which it will be securely destroyed as outlined in our contract with the Client.
Who we share your personal information with
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will share your personal information with our professional advisers if required for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal proceedings.
We engage the following third party providers, with whom data may be shared (as required) to enable the delivery of this service:
- ITRM Ltd (system maintenance and support)
- Daisy Group Limited (system hosting)
- UK Fast.Net Ltd (system hosting)
Access to data is only granted where authorised by Cantium Solutions and specifically required in line with our contract with them. System data is hosted within the UK by an ISO 27001 accredited supplier and supplier information security standards meet DBS requirements.
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights which you can access free of charge which allow you to:
- Know what we are doing with your information and why we are doing it
- Ask to see what information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you
- Object to direct marketing
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office
Depending on our reason for using your information you may also be entitled to:
- Ask us to delete information we hold about you
- Have your information transferred electronically to yourself or to another organisation
- Object to decisions being made that significantly affect you
- Object to how we are using your information
- Stop us using your information in certain ways
We will always seek to comply with your request however we may be required to hold or use your information to comply with legal duties. Please note: your request may delay or prevent us delivering a service to you.
For further information about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise a right, please contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who to Contact
Please contact email@example.com to exercise any of your rights, or if you have a complaint about why your information has been collected, how it has been used or how long we have kept it for.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer, iSystems at firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 03031 231113.
For further information visit https://www.kent.gov.uk/about-the-council/about-the-website/privacy-statement